Apple & Pecan Autumn Salad
A colourful and flavour packed autumn salad, rich in vitamins and minerals to help your immune system get ready for the colder season.
- 2 red apples
- 4 fresh figs
- 1 lettuce (Romain or Iceberg, etc
- 5 slices Parmesan Ham (optional)
- 50 gr parmesan shavings (or blue cheese, vegan cheese etc)
- 60 gr pecan nuts (walnuts or seeds of choice)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
- wash the apples, lettuce, figs and dry in a colander
- chop the lettuce and arrange on a serving plate
- mix the olive oil and apple cider vinegar and maple syrup
- pour the dressing evenly over the lettuce bed
- half the apples and remove the core.
- place each half cut side down on a chopping board and slice evenly all the way through.
- fan each apple half and arrange cut side down on the lettuce bed
- cut the figs into quarters and place cut side up onto the lettuce bed.
- chop the pecans coarsely and scatter over the salad
- sprinkle with parmesan shavings or crumbled cheese of choice
- top with pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
Serve as a starter or main course Tip: To prepare the salad ahead, follow the above steps but keep the dressing in a separate bowl or bottle until ready to serve the salad. The salad will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge without the added dressing. To keep in the fridge, cover with plastic wrap or keep in a bowl covered with a lid. Remove from fridge 30 min before serving to allow to reach ambient temperature and dress with the dressing also at room temperature.