Sardine Rillette with Dried Cranberries
A scrumptious and economic heart-healthy simple sandwich filler rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and Calcium
- 1 bowl
- 1 can sardines in oil
- 2 tbsp home-made mayonnaise or 1/2 mashed avocado or small pot of plain-yoghurt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 tbsp capers (rinse well if in salt)
- 1 tsp pine seeds or sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp parseley
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 slices of sourdough bread
- Soak the cranberries for 10 min in the sardine oil.
- In a salad bowl, put the sardines with their oil and the grapes, capers and chopped parsley. Mash everything through with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, oil and vinegar and mix well.. Finally add the pine nuts, salt and pepper.
- Serve on slices of fresh sour-dough bread and season with salt & pepper or a splash of chilli sauce
Note: The rillettes can be kept for one day in a jar well covered with cling film.